Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 12:22 PM   #17
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
Today my new 200AH lithium battery arrives and the next project begins. I currently have 2 8D batteries at 200AH each but they just dont perform the way I like so I am changing over to Lithium Iron Phosphate. I have 1 battery coming today, useable down to 20% with no problem which gives me just shy of what I could get out of the 400 AH gels. Of course I had to upgrade the charger. Nice thing is the size of the battery, 19" x 6.5 x 8.5. You can put them anywhere you want but you cant charger them if the battery is below 32* so inside is often the choice since they are so small. I am mounting mine in the outside kitchen which I never used anyway. Also put the charger and the inverter in there. Pictures to come. I have to reroute almost all the cables and since I bought a new charger/converter for the lithium I will use the old charger to hook up to and charge the chassis battery so it will always be getting charged while sitting as long as it is connected to shore.

Here is the link for the battery : 200AH RV Boat Lithium Ion Bluetooth Battery | LiFeBlue Battery

Here is the link for the charger: https://www.progressivedyn.com/speci...power-centers/ I went with the 60 amp charger for now, these chargers can be connected in parallel to boost up the charger rate.

Advantage of the LIPO4 batteries you have witnessed if you own any power tools using lithium, they are full power till almost dead. Voltage drop is negligent, my 8D's brand new under a 13 amp load would drop to 11.5v which often tripped the inverter due to low voltage. Soon to see how these perform.
Another advantage: The phosphate batteries aren't as susceptible to catch on fire as other Li-Ion batteries are.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum