Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Roof leak
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 01:24 PM   #23
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Judge: Welcome to the forum.

The good thing about what you're learning is that you know what to look for and can solve (or have the dealer solve) many of these issues before they become a long term problem (like that video).

Hopefully you won't find many; good luck.
My dealer will be 5 hours away so that will be a challenge and why I am trying to take a crash course in the world of Thor coaches. I have multiple inspection check-lists printed with the important lines highlighted in yellow for my wife and I to use during the PDI.

I also have a page and a half of issues people have found with the 29H and Class C Thors either during their inspection or when they got it home based on what I could find on this forum and YouTube.

I should be as prepared tomorrow as I can be at this point.....

We plan to stay at a campground about an hour from the Dealer on Saturday night after we go through the PDI. If we have any major issues, we'll be driving it back to dealer on Sunday and leaving it for them to fix.

If we find any issues during the PDI that I can't easily fix, then I'll be telling the sales guy to keep it and call me when they are all fully addressed.

It's a left-over 2018 29H so it should have been sitting out on the lot for about a year or more. If there has been any water / leak issues with the roof, I would think I will find evidence of water damage or leaks during the PDI.

I have a Spyder RT and thanks to Bob Denman he confirmed it will fit in the garage. I wasn't looking to grab a Toy Hauler for a couple more years but since the 2018 is the last year for the 29H and the garage in the 29J is too small, I decided to pull the trigger on this new leftover.

Wish me luck!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum