Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Roof leak
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #27
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
As an FYI, Our unit sat on the dealers lot for 6 months and we saw no sign of a leak. Drove it home in the rain and saw no signs of a leak. Wasn’t until it sat in storage that we found the leak. I think it had to do with the fact that the MH was sitting with the front end just a bit lower than the back. My guess is the water pooled at the seam between the cap and the body and found an opening. Time will tell. But don’t let other people’s problems cloud your enjoyment. Things happen with houses (even new ones) and we deal with them and move on. Our dealer was responsive, Thor was responsive. And the local dealer has been responsive. We will survive this issue and enjoy our MH

Best of luck with your purchase. Don’t fret. Enjoy.
Thanks for the info and the tips!

I plan to take it for a test ride before handing over the check. The unit is out near Philadelphia and they have been hammered by heavy rains the past week or two. They are supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow as well. There should still be water somewhere visible and if not, hopefully a test drive will cause it to show up somewhere visible.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum