Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 12:05 AM   #33
BSexton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
(Part 2 of driver's seat base install).

The next picture is where I ran the power to the seat under the carpet. I'm not going to go in to any detail--this will vary based on how you do it.

The next picture is more of me having to be creative because I did this by myself. I had to wedge the metal plate back up in place. I placed the replacement pedestal in place inside the RV and used duct tape to hold the bolt in place while I ran inside and put on the bolt. This is one of the places where a second set of hands would have really speed things up. During this process I also created a ground wire by placing one end of the wire under a bolt.

Next, I added back shroud covering the bolts. Somewhere around here I added the wire connector's to both the ground and 12V with an inline fuse. I'd recommend not putting the fuse in holder yet. The metal of the chair is a good ground. Ask me how I know!

Next, I reattached the first side of the seat belt. Oh, and the swivel feature came in handy here and when installing the screws in the shroud.

Now we need to get to the seat base. Flip up the chair and remove the two sliding mechanisms (these are not needed--the power seat base has forward and backward movements). I also removed the bar connecting the sliding mechanisms to the front of the seat. In the picture, that is the bar at the top running vertically. Again, more 1/2" bolts.

The next picture is installing the clip that holds the power switches to the power seat base. Make sure it's on the desired side (there were screw holes on both sides.

Next, I bolted on the power seat base to the the chair. More 1/2" bolts.

The next picture is where I put the cross braces on to the seat base. One of them was removed from the bottom of the seat (3 steps back). The other one I had to manufacture (thank goodness I did this project at the house with a full shop). Make sure the distance between the holes that you use line up with the holes on the pedestal--in my case 11 1/2".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3373.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	303.8 KB
ID:	12299   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3374.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	12300  

Name:	IMG_3375.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	12301   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3376.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	12302  

Name:	IMG_3377.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	12303   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3378.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	12304  

Name:	IMG_3379.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	12305   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3380.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	12306  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum