Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak Angler Drew View Post

....cut....

I'm just trying to figure out about where "Thor" (specifically the Axis) sits in the marketplace. Love to hear your thoughts/opinions.
Since differences in chassis costs are minimal (according to Ford advertised prices), and the Axis/Vegas is at lower end of price range, based on my own research I expect the quality to be somewhat lower than more expensive Thor coaches. I doubt being smaller in itself saves Thor that much in materials. The last new Axis we saw at a Camping World had a lot of issues. Trim pieces had fallen off the outside and fit and finish inside was poor also.

My wife and I visit a very large RV consignment center to inspect how RVs hold up after use, among other things, and I can say that most of the time we walk away discouraged because most units are either built poorly, or owners abuse them unnecessarily. I get we need to use them to enjoy them, but some owners are just careless. And on cheap stuff carelessness turns into failures.

I like the size of the Axis a lot, but would prefer that Thor invest more in build quality than in features I don't want/need or could do without. As I've mentioned before, I would like them to offer a simpler higher-quality Axis without a slide, without a generator (with inverter and more batteries), and without stretching the OEM chassis' wheelbase 12 inches. I know I'm not typical, but would personally prefer these costs be spent in other areas.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum