Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 08:39 PM   #55
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Pete...several hitch companies state any extension of a hitch will reduce the capacity by 50%. Hitches are rated at a distance of 4" from end of receiver tube. You.may be pushing the outer limit.

That makes sense to me. I looked at the installation instructions for my carrier though and it says only to limit cargo weight to the lower of the carrier’s rating (600 lbs in my case) or the hitch capacity (500 lbs). I asked about this at a local trailer supply store and they also said not to worry about it. Notwithstanding, I might switch to a class 4 hitch if I can find one. Sheesh! There’s always SOMETHING to worry about.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum