Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Check engine
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 01:00 AM   #6
JoeRod

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite FE22
State: Colorado
THOR #7521
When the Engine Check Light came on our new 2017 Thor Freedom Elite, I could not detect any difference in performance with 2017 Ford E450.

My concern was not knowing if the problem was serious or not.

It took some time to make an appointment with an authorized Ford mechanic for the warranty service. They could not replicate the problem or come up with a possible solution.

The error code was P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected.

After doing some research on the Internet, I ordered a KOBRA Wireless OBD2 Car Code Reader from Amazon and purchased OBD Fusion for my iPhone. (The OBD Fusion is the software that will retrieve the code.)

Using my iPhone, I was able to access the code and determine it was the same problem the RV mechanic found.

After the third incident in about 5,000 miles, I decided to use Rislone Gas Fuel System Treatment to help eliminate possible water or moisture in the fuel tank. (Only time will tell if this makes any difference.)

Joe G. Rodriguez
2017 Freedom Elite Model FE22

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum