Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 11:52 PM   #25
sip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #5882
Sorry missed the questions .. glad you got it installed!

I haven't had any problems with using the house battery ... I keep the engine running when running the leveling pump but even if you run it straight off the battery, it's not that big a deal because it's only a few seconds on each side when the load really kicks in ... sort of like running a winch.

Now to give my almost 2 year update! I have had 0 issues ... LOVE the setup. What I used to dread with setup and teardown and leveling now just takes a few seconds. Also I have had the wheels off the ground on several occasions and everything has held up great. I'll try to post a few pics of it in action since I've put a lot of use on these jacks!

Which reminds me I should dig up and post a few pics of my other installs with the spare tire carrier, inverter, and dish antenna It's a never ending project fest with these things hehe.

Edit: One thing that is probably worth stressing about any high-current battery wiring, it's better to keep your high-current DC wires as short and thick (low gauge) as possible.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.