Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #7
Arby

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Ontario
THOR #2441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
Check the lower slide trim. Mine had no caulking there. It would seep in and slowly drop into the coach when the slide was in. It was doing it for a year before I was tilted one time, in a rain storm with the slides in. (parked in a truck stop) I got up to see how bad the storm was in the middle of the night and stepped in water coming from under the slide. Took a lot of investigation to find where it was coming in. If you extend the slide and run a garden hose right above that trim, you'll likely find water dripping from under the slide.
I had the same issue - no caulk around the exterior slide trim. I caulked the entire exterior slide trim (where trim met slide wall) and from that point on no water issues. And I found it by the same method, pouring water just above the trim. Very frustrating to wake up to water in front of the couch.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum