Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 10:23 PM   #29
sip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #5882
Good question about the ign wire ... I definitely did not connect it to an ignition source ... but I can't remember if I left it disconnected or if I grounded it. I understand the safety concerns but seemed silly not to be able to run the system with the engine/alternator running

My plan has always been to get a latching relay to completely cut all power from the jack pump system when not in use ... I like doing that because that basically eliminates any parasitic loss that can drain a battery over time. But since it's already been a couple years and I haven't done it, obviously it's been very low on my list of project priorities

This is what I would get: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072N8NYN2

(I already have one on my inverter circuit and works very similar to what disconnects the house batteries with the factory setup).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.