Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #1
DLFoust

Brand: Jayco
Model: Entegra Vision 31V
State: Florida
THOR #12040
Unhappy Vegas 24.1 Driveshaft

About 3 miles from our destination we started to hear a "shaking" from under the MH. After arriving safely and setting up at the campground, I crawled under and discovered that the driveshaft center bearing was loose. One of the bolts was missing and the other one was only hand tight. Our Vegas is new with less than 600 miles on it. Must have never been tightened at the factory. We were lucky not to be stranded along the highway and I can't even imagine what could have happened if the driveshaft would have come off while traveling. I was able to get a replacement nut and bolt from the maintenance department at the Yogi campground where we are staying. They even lent me the tools that I needed to complete the repair. Just one more possible item that needs to be checked on your new MH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Driveshaft center bearing.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	12374  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum