Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 12:28 PM   #227
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupelo Kid View Post
Decided to add a little update:

I had to take the MH into CW yesterday for them to replace slide seals or rubber flaps at the top and bottom of the slide.

While there I requested an estimate for installing the 2nd AC unit with a 110 plug. I also asked for an estimate to install the Gen Auto start.

They refused to install either.

Said they had never installed an auto gen start on a MH.

Also said they would not install the AC unit for 110 due to "some" AC's have a 2nd & 3rd start cycle to ensure the unit will start if it fails the 1st time.

Because of this they said most 110 GF plugs in the MH parks would trip and I would not be happy not being able to run the unit.

OH, and they didn't replace the slide seals after I've been waiting for them since Aug 2017 when we took delivery.

I took a detour from the service dept to the GM's office and inquired about this. He was in question about all of this as well.

On the Auto Gen start he said they had installed 2 of these in the past 2 weeks. He said they were both toy haulers but if they can install that they should be able to install in the MH.

He said he would call me in a day or 2.

I didn't know it was this difficult to spend my money.

Sure was easy to spend it for the MH but....

It’s always puzzled me why service people refuse work. Can’t remember how many times I’ve been told (mostly on cars) “that’s normal” or “they all do that” when it’s obvious that something is amiss! I make a mental note and go elsewhere. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.