Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 02:57 PM   #25
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarTN View Post
That Amazon page for these batteries says "12 volt Drop in Lead Acid Replacement". Are there other changes that need to be made to the system to support 2 of these batteries? ...charger for lithium batteries?... fuse box?...I am no where even close to an electrician.
You can drop them in and use your current charger although a charger for lithium is best. The charger you have now will charge them but it most likely wont charge to full capacity. Given that it most likely would still give more useable power than the lead acid. I have dont a LOT of searching for a lithium charger and 99% are way expensive. Then I decided to check Progressive industries who provides a lot of the inverter/chargers for RV manufacturers.https://www.progressivedyn.com/speci...power-centers/ Make sure if you go searching for one that it has the L with signifies for lithium, or AL it all depends on who is creating the ad. Here is the 60 amp https://rvpowerhouse.com/product/pro...ger-pd9160alv/.
If you are going to drop the cash for Lithiums dont stop because a charger is $200, make use of what the battery is capable of. Nice thing about lithiums is they will completely charge in about 2-3 hours from almost dead on a 200 amp battery. If using a standard charger you arent suppose to let it go into equalization mode.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.