Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #58
MEWright

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #12520
I have seen this exact issue in trucks pulling trailers with brakes, dumps trailers and equipment trailers. Not so much as the weight of the trailer but setting the brakes to tight on the trailer. When trailer brakes hit on cheaper brake controllers they come on all at once full brake. On the new controllers they come on more gradually. I bet this is a similar case. Vehicle at max load for the towing vehicle, over set brakes, undersized tow set up.

All my trucks have 10K plus receivers, we use 15K inserts and 15K tow balls. YES the insert and the balls are rated as well as the receiver on the vehicle.

Now I will check the receiver on my Palazzo to see its rating before I hook up my jep again. A new receiver is far cheaper than our jeep or DP.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum