Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: DPF and REGEN
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 10:23 PM   #25
MS60ocb

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #11383
The Freightliner portion of your 2015 RV may have been manufactured earlier 2014.

Here my story, My 2015 FL Sport Classis was manufactured Feb 2014. I had a couple problems happened in this order.

I got a emissions Light malfunction light error. I was about 200 miles from
San Antonio so I got there later in the afternoon to late to trouble shoot. (I won't get into the lack of Customer Service). The next day they found the EGR cooler leaking and partially plugged but they did have one in stock.

About 800 miles later Emission Malfunction again. I was north of Austin and on a Sunday. Just by chance was talking to fellow RV'er parked next to me that had a 2014 Dodge Pickup who had a Catalyst problem which was a result of Daimler buying a batch of Catalyst was wasn't good, that catalyst was mated to Cummins engines. Tne next morning I was Temple TX Freightliner to discover I had the bad Catalyst and restrictions. Also it was found that Freightliner knew the Cummins Engine S/N but Cummins did not know that Freightliner had installed the engine. Any way 4 days later I was on the road with all emissions problems paid by warranty.

Than about 93 days later I learned to really appreciate SA Freightliner. The air conditioner failed due remounting the EGR cooler plumbing. The fix was at my good Freightliner service shop at Dubuque Iowa for $1000.

Clay

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum