Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 08:06 PM   #19
RMS31W

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31w
State: California
THOR #1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak Angler Drew View Post
Everyone knows that the luxury perception of a BMW, Mercedes or Lexus is greater than a Ford, Chevy or Toyota because they are touted as more high end. However, what is the overall perception of Thor in the market place? I feel like Thor is a high end brand when I see how nice they are but then I look at Winnebago and they are often times more expensive but why so? They really don't look much different/better and often have less features in my opinion. Is Winnebago considered more of a high end RV? What is higher than them? Airstream? What is below Thor? Coachmen or Jayco? Is Forrest River comparable to Thor?

I'm just trying to figure out about where "Thor" (specifically the Axis) sits in the marketplace. Love to hear your thoughts/opinions.
I was told that Thor was flooding dealers with new units and then having to heavily discount later on. Winnebago doesn't seem to over build so there's not a lot of inventory sitting around. Not sure if they do this on purpose or they cant manufacture at Thor's rate. Last 3 new Thor motorhome that I've bought I've gotten 35-37% off but with Winnibago I could only get about 20% off.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.