Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 08:02 PM   #1
Diemaster

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
State: California
THOR #12270
finished first trip. kinda a downer.

well i just got back from our first trip 2 days ago and it (to me) wasn't the greatest.

this was the first time driving a rig this big (class c 32') i felt like a semi-truck and kept getting cut off. i just set the cruse control to 60 and drove in the right lane. just stayed with all the other semi-trucks.

we were heading to Payson AZ and while driving though the CA/AZ dessert of course it hit 110* on the hottest day of the week in the forcast. my little fur baby had water in the back but ended up having a heatstroke with temp of 104.5 in quartzite. after crossing the AZ border, we had to turn around and head back 30 miles into Blythe CA to a Veterinarian. ended up spending our first night in the RV park there. this was traveling in the dessert with just the cab a/c running. after her heatstroke, i didn't travel w/o the generator/coach A/C running too.

we got to payson AZ just fine after some mountain roads. this was a challenge. i couldn't get the "tap the brakes to downshift" to work so had to move the shiftier to downshift and do some careful braking. the actual campground was to put it in one word, disappointing. it was close to amenities (there was a Walmart 3 blocks away) but it was all dirt, on a hill, and the management felt money hungry. oh and it rained all night for the 3 nights we were there. i didn't bring any wood or blocks for the levelers so i was worried it would sink down in mud while we were trying to sleep. it did sink about 1/2 inch in the rear and 1/4 in the front. i went to a steak house and brought my mom back dinner since she couldn't get around well. (bad arthritis and bad knees.) also discovered the kitchen sink doesn't drain all the way and leaks out of the P trap.

all this time my mom is getting worse and worse and weaker. she couldn't get in bed or in the cab passenger seat w/o my help. i decided i had had enough. it wasn't relaxing or fun anymore so we left the campground and headed back. the trip back took 2 days and got home Sunday. almost 900 miles in a little under a week. overall not bad, but it defiantly could have been less stress and anxiety inducing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.