Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 12:41 AM   #4
wacopolumbo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Virginia
THOR #2169
All the under cabinet stuff is good. I called Thor and found out the fresh water tank and pump are under the bed. That's where my problem is. I opened the hatch and there was standing water. I dried it up and turned on the water pump, no leak. Then I ran the sink water and the pump started running and water started coming out from under the pump. I am 99% sure the pump itself is leaking. This is the first time we have used the fresh water tank and water pump. The water has caused water damage to all the paneling around the bed. Also, it got into the under-bed storage, where I had stored the table for between the driver and passenger and that has started absorbing water.

I believe what happened is that as the pump leaked, with the slide retracted the water made the short trip from the bottom of the bed to the slide seal and ran up and down the seal as I accelerated or slowed down. When I would extend the slide during the trip, the water would be "dragged" across the floor.

I need to check the outdoor kitchen wall too, because the water tank compartment buts-up against the outdoor kitchen wall.

I will call Thor and my dealer in the morning. I hope the dealer has a pump they can install and then order all the paneling and other damaged material for a service call later on (when they replace my awning lights and damage the PDI man made to our interior trim).

We have a camping trip planned for the weekend after next.

At least I know what the problem is, the bad part is that I have half a tank of fresh water to get out without somehow running the pump.

Jody
Yorktown, VA
2015 Hurricane 32N, 2015 Kia Optima, 2016 Master Tow
wacopolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum