Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 12:45 AM   #24
Air_Force_dude

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alaska
THOR #12752
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck27 View Post
Pick a base then check it's policies. Not all bases require you to check them in. This year we stayed at three bases.

JBLM, Seattle. No questions asked. The small PX at the Fam Camp sold pistols and rifles and had more than a dozen on display.

Camp San Luis Obispo, CA required you to register them. Did not have to turn them in.

Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, CA did not ask. Their policy requires you to register them if you are staying more than 72 hours.

I would be more concerned with the laws of the states I am travelling through. You could be transporting an illegal 'assault weapon' and not even know it.

You may have already taken care of it, but you definitely will have issues with Canada.
Good to know about CA bases as we’re heading to the SD area. Regarding Canada yeah I had to fill out the paperwork when I was traveling to AK. All covered there.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.