Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #33
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Don't wait until "purchase day" to worry about PDI, etc. Do this on your test drive after you've narrowed down your model to purchase. There's no better time to test everything out for good working order than when you are on "your time". That's also when the sales-goober is still trying to make a sale. Make the list of issues and get a commitment when they will have them repaired. Place a small deposit and tell them you will be back then to take delivery. Add the clause to the Buyer's Order you sign that your deposit will be refunded if they miss the deadline and all repairs are not completed. Your bank will reverse the funding if they refuse. He who holds the money is in control of the deal.
Well that works good except when they make up the sales slip and they 'mistake' the one you want with the one they 'want to sell' and write the slip appropriately. Now then when you read the fine print, you can't take back your deposits (state law) cause you signed the contract, you know and after showing more models the wife gets confused. Solution to this is to take a picture of the VIN and if it's different from the slip, STOP EVERYTHING before you sign anything or put down a deposit! Make sure you tell them "I want this one and this one only! If I come back and it's not ready or its been sold mistakenly or for any reason, they don't get the deposit and the deal is OFF and I'm leaving your place of business". Better you just go to your bank and finance it there instead too, along with the break down insurance. Heck, maybe just buy it at the factory cause the dealers, through my experiance are dishonest. And I don't like waiting weeks to have something fixed when I want to travel. Find a shop with ASE certified mechanics that also works on RVs in a town where you live that won't make you wait too long and also learn as much as you can about simple stuff you can do yourself. And it sure would have been nice to have a DVD made of how to operate everything in your RV cause the show out was much too brief and did not show everything we needed to know. Say how about numbering them on the dvd for where to look? 100 series for the engine and accessorries, 200 for drivetrain, 300 for plumbing, 400 for propane operation... etc. Now that would be nice to use the player on the dash to troubleshoot or to remind yourself of what switch to push. I know, I'm dreaming, but hey why not?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum