Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 06:02 PM   #35
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Simple: Snap a photo or write down the VIN of the one that you decided on during the test drive and verify that the one you're picking up is that VIN. In addition: Make sure the VIN is on the paperwork.
Yeah, photoed the interior and front but didn't the VIN or the window sticker. It's all old news now but on the other hand, the only expensive problems for this particular (wheel alignment, wipers under warranty, round table leg missing, a loose wire in the slideout... etc. which Thor or I took care of) was the batteries needed replacing after the 2nd year. Yeah, I also did some adding on in the kitchen myself, removed the sliding door and part of the wall to the bedroom and got a screw loose on the floor in front of the couch that is not important to fix now and will be superglued soon as I can get it ready to travel again. Had to learn about using the TV, setting the channels, resetting the engine symbol light & using the auto lift, which since I traded up from a trailer from a different manufacturer were not the same. Like I said a DVD of how to operate all these systems would be nice if you are a first time buyer or had a different type RV. I didn't include problems about the 'Burr' handi lift but that got parts added to it too to make it right. Silly me. Once I opened of the cargo doors during a campside setup and since the wind wouldn't stop and the door kept wanting to lock, took them out and threw them inside the door, which was supposed to be 'unlocked' and the 2nd set of keys somehow got left behind at home. Embarrasing. Now I have 4 sets of RV keys. One for each vehicle I own and an extra set inside one of the steps. The Ups and Downs of owning an RV. Mostly ups cause the downs ain't too bad for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.