Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 02:12 PM   #8
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
I installed a Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX in my 2018 Chateau. Here is the thread about it:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...nex-12449.html

I really like it. The one issue I've had is the nav system seems to do some weird routing sometimes. I'm not sure if it's because of the size of the RV or what. At one point it directed me to exit the interstate and take a bunch of side roads and then get back onto the interstate. Maybe it was trying to avoid traffic, but there wasn't much traffic. I usually use Google Maps on my iPhone because I trust it to give me the quickest route, and I use the nav on the Pioneer unit as a backup.

I'm still using the original rear camera installed by Thor. It's okay most of the time, but it is useless in the dark, which is a pain if I get to a campsite after dark.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum