Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Tire blow out!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 02:45 PM   #12
Cummins12V98

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud william View Post
How many miles on the tire? Any unusual wear sign before it blew? We've got a little over 30,000 on our Goodyear G114's and they're wearing funny and we're thinking about replacing them very soon with Yokohama RY023's. They're half the price but have the same ratings. Our Goodyears are wearing on the outsides of all the tires even though I keep them inflated at 115 psi. Plus they're getting a scalloped or cupped wear pattern on the outside treads. We're also looking into getting the Morryde suspension aligned sometime soon since that may be a cause of the wear. I just repacked the bearings and they are still very solid, no freeplay or slop when I checked, so that's not probably not the cause.

Read my above post!

Look at your tire date code i'm betting it will be close to mine!

You can thank me later when you get your tires replaced.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum