Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 07:58 PM   #40
MnP

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
"Sounds to me that they should get a grip on there quality controll to reduce warranty costs."

Fred and I, my tech at DRV (awesome guy) had several of those conversations.

If Kevin in the post above is the same Kevin that does repair work at DRV maybe a manager of some sort will be up his alley as he was NO craftsman at all!!! The "Bull in the China Closet" ring a bell? He worked on our rig on the 5th day as Fred had a previous appointment.
If it's the same Kevin, he was assigned to work on my RV when we were there in 2015. He adjusted the big Kitchen slide on the OD side. One day later and 250 miles down the road. The darn thing tipped so far and drug so bad it tore the inside molding off of the slide ends. Called "Dr No" to arrange to bring it back for repair and he declined. Said the side was now out of warranty and he had a 5 month back log. (Of course that was after he first tried to claim that they didn't touch the slide.) I would up taking it to Lippert in Elkhart. They told me that the adjustment bolts had not been tightened by "Kevin" when he did the adjustment causing the slide to drag.

It's no big loss that DRV is out of the repair business for most of us. There are others that will do a better job.
MnP is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum