Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Tire blow out!
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 07:14 PM   #24
anijet

Brand: DRV
Model: 36TK3
State: California
THOR #2059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
Joe said his was on the rear. Didnt say which one.
Anijets looks to be the drivers side rear.
Looks like it would be helpful to all if we could learn what position and what tire date was involved to see if we can find a trend.

Tires were purchased in 2012 and 2013. All had mfg dates of 2012. Blowout happened Aug of 2017. No warning (TST TPMS installed), traveling about 70 mph EB on I80 ~60 miles west of SLC, UT. All tires had ~75% tread left and were wearing even. MorRyde IS installed Sept 2016. Cold pressure always 120-125 psi. Since we just started a month long cross-country trip with grandkids, we just bought a new set in SLC and moved on (no warranty applied for). I repaired the trailer damage myself when we returned home.

Ran the last set 6 years and since we use to travel more they were all down to about 15% tread life left.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum