Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
Hikes in Rain

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #5584
There are a number of them; which one were you considering? We allowed ourselves to be convinced to purchase a Good Sam Extended Service Plan (not an "extended warranty, as we've been later informed, although having reviewed the definitions, I think that's a distinction without a difference). We've made three claims on it.

A trip interruption; $100, woo hoo! That really helped with four days of hotel bills while our coach was repaired.

One slide motor with labor, speaking of repairs. $700 or so, not sure of the exact amount.

One furnace control board, just recently. $241. They've refused to pay for the furnace, which rusted out due to water intrusion caused by badly designed furnace door louvers acting as rain funnels.

They also charged it $95 to send an inspector for the furnace to deny the claim. I didn't know about nor authorize that charge. They just did it.

We'd have been money WAY ahead to take the cost of the plan and stick it into an interest bearing account or investment, and use that for repairs. With interest, we'd have paid for the covered repairs and then some, and still have most of the money left for more. With a whole lot less hassle, as well.

Just my personal thoughts and experience, mind you. Your mileage may vary; some folks I know tell us theirs has been a life saver.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.