Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 07:22 PM   #28
Lbatt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.2
State: Colorado
THOR #11875
Cherokee towing Wire/harness

An Update. I did my first tow on a 120 mile "trial run", and I did hit one uneven BUMP in a slow turn and did get the wobble, so down to the dealer. He 'researched" it, and said since I had a $100 deductible extended warranty, they'd do it for the $100.

We then towed it on a 9 day excursion and had no problems, and encountered some pretty rough roads in N.M. I towed it up and down Molas and Coal Bank passes from Durango to Silverton.

I did NOT tow up and down the notorious Red Mountain Pass from Silverton to Ouray. Dangerous and narrow, and a LONG WAY DOWN if you go over the side. So wife drove the jeep and followed me in the MH.

I think jeep should reimburse me the $100 but I'm not going to waste my time other than maybe write one letter of request.

As others have said, there should have been some other option than to raise the hood, insert a fuse, flip a switch inside the cabin...then when not towing, "unflp" the switch and remove the fuse. Why not have another toggle to just turn the whole thing OFF, cutting power through the fuse? Dumb fix, though it has worked so far.

Here's a pic of my fave road, from the summit of Red Mtn Pass down to Telluride.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum