Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 07:48 PM   #2
Spacelink

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Virginia
THOR #4004
Unhappy Slide issues

We had a very similar situation (TWICE) where the slide catastrophically failed to extend within the first 6 months of owning it. It only went out about 2" each time and STOPPED. After the second time (we were on vacation in Florida after driving from Virginia) I called the factory and TOLD them I was bringing the rig in for repairs. They got me in the next month and found that not only was one of the two roller sets NOT aligned but the two were not enough to handle the 30' of slide.
One of their top techs told me that he put in a 3rd roller and track to ease the amount of weight and stress. It's worked fine since and I believe that Thor realized the engineering flaw and has subsequently been building that large slide with 3 rollers sets and tracks.
Good luck as I've also discovered (almost every trip out is a new 'surprise') that this model is an electrical nightmare.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum