Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 10:25 PM   #27
Eric the Red

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #13029
Pantry Removal

I removed the under fridge access panel. It has no handles, but it is there. This is for a '14 A.C.E. 27.1. Look under the pantry. You will see a couple screws holding the board that the bottom slide catch is mounted to. Take those out. Release the top slide catch. Lift the bottom of the pantry and the whole thing comes out. The bottom rails WILL slide back out so be careful.
Now, here's the fun part. The rails are made by Accuride. Great quality, but are non-disconnect. In other words they don't come apart. Now with the pantry upside down in the coolness of your living room, there is a flat board that is stapled to the piece of wood the rails are mounted to. Mark where this board mounted, and gently pry it off. Now you can access your latch that totally sucks. You know the one that lets it fly open and break the cabinet across from it.

The QC supervisor for Thor should be slapped with a garden hose. Yep, Eric the Red. The more I see how this thing is built, the more P.O.'d I get!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.