Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 04:28 AM   #3497
TomAndLindaRogers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Minnesota
THOR #7948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhouse View Post
I believe I recall reading some where in the 175 pages of this thread regarding converting the forward air vent in a 29M to a 12V powered fan assembly such as a Maxx or Fantastic Fan. I pulled the inside shroud, found solid metal housing with no electrical of any kind visible. Please if anyone has tackled or researched this mod? If so info or install details would be apricated.
Thanks!
I have recently installed a remote control MaxxFan in the forward air vent in our Hurricane 29M. The power for the ceiling lights runs through a square conduit along the forward side of the metal housing you described. The conduit is located just above the ceiling with a piece of metal filling in above it. I drilled a 1/2” hole in the conduit and fished the power wires through it to the command center. The command center is located in the cabinet above the door and that is where I picked up the 12 volt power I needed. It was a challenge to run the wires and install the fan but we love the fan and it was well worth it.

As a side note while working in the command center I discovered that the power for our gray and black tank heaters had never been plugged into the switches. What a surprise!

Tom

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum