Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #7
Calman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
That's a big undertaking but if my GF ever decides to retire I'm looking to go the same route.

I imagine you'll be operating out of one central area most of the time. Have you thought about renting a small storage unit so you can stow extra stuff as the seasons come and go. RVs are small and you can only keep so much clothes in them.

You might consider keeping the car, if its a small towable, or trading current car for something towable. Think you'll find once you're situated in one site for a while that it'll be a hassle to bundle everything up to run into town for groceries, the doctor, or a night of dining out.

I, too, love reading and have a large collection of books. But they weigh a ton and take up a lot of space. These I'll donate to the local library and stay with the Book Service on my tablet. You can scan for free ones to download or pay for the latest and greatest.

Most of the other stuff you'll figure out as you encounter them.

Good fortune with your move.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum