Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 04:24 PM   #32
Lbatt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.2
State: Colorado
THOR #11875
It's NOT the ball joints or any other iss:ue with the suspension or steering. SOME Cherokee's do have a problem with the "death wobble", and the Mopar wiring fix does provide power to the EPS and helps prevent that.

I've had my steering/suspension looked at 4 times before towing as when hitting bumps in a turn at high speed I get a "wobble", but nothing like the "death wobble", and the 3 different dealers have found nothing wrong.

and my first tow, I did get the serious wobble so had the wiring "fix" installed and in a 300 mile tow over some rough roads, never had another problem.

But it is really STUPID that Jeep would put out a vehicle like this, and have this work around STUPID fix, though it does seem to work, just such a hassle

I would have opted for a 4 runner, but the seats are horribly uncomfortable, and now being further educated in the towing thing, I don't know if the Toyota can be flat towed. My son has a '96 Landcruiser, and it CAN NOT be flt towed under any circumstances and there's no fix that he or I can find.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.