Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 12:31 AM   #61
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Ok, I called Big Foot myself today and asked a few question. Here some info that might help someone looking to this kit:

The cyinders are 18 inches long on the E450 kit. They extend out 13 inches total.

Recommended to mount 7 inches min and 9 inches maximum from the bottom of jacks (fully retracted) to the ground. BF like the 7 inch mark that way you get 6 inches of lift (7 + 6 = 13 fully extended).

Platinum kit takes 135 oz of ATF Dexron 3 tranny fuid to fill. Perhaps more to bleed correctly?

The front brackets are bolt on. Looks ike it only uses two hole predrilled in Ford frame to mount (that what it looks like from the directions he sent me - will investigate more). Dont sound like enough to me - I might drill one or two more for safety.

But the bottom of the front brackets rest on the bottom of the Ford frame (For support) and they kick out the jacks about two inches from the frame (4 bolts connect jack to bracket). So that should add stability when deployed since your stance will be about 4 inches wider vs bolted to frame only.

All hardware on the BOLT ON KIT are "grade 8" nuts and bolts.

Back brackets sound like they can be bolted to the inside or outside but you have to drill your own holes (4 holes per bracket).

Expect one week for shipping.

Power wire is 10 foot long 4 gauge.

Ground wire is connected to frame next to pump (might have to drill hold if you don't see a suitable spot).

Can mount pretty much anywhere under the RV as long as it up out of the way and mounted securely. They like to mount on DS behind Drivers seat (Under RV) on the frame.

I plan on ordering this week. Big purchase like this I like to think about it for a while and make sure I understand what all is involved before I pull the trigger. Plus I checked other kits on the market.... this one looks like the best one IMO (and the cheapest). Plus it uses hydrolic power to lift jacks up instead of springs like the other kits.

Now that its getting cooler outside it will be a good time to install myself.

I hope this helps some other folks make up thier minds.

They just sent me the installations instructions so I can see the brackets other details.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum