Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
wdconnors

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 35MQ
State: Florida
THOR #12430
Two Power Saver ACs on 30 Amp

I have a 30 foot Freedom Elite 29FE with a Coleman Mach 3 13.5k AC unit. After exhausting all options to keep heat out, I've decided the coach has to have a second AC unit to keep cool in Florida.

The coach doesn't have an energy management system or similar so I'm thinking about buying two of the Coleman Mach 3 13.5k Power Saver units and replacing my current unit while adding the second unit in the rear.

Coleman specs these at 10 amps and 1,000 watts on high cool. At those numbers I could still be around 50% generator load. I do a lot of multi-day generator only parking during football season so the generator being able to run both is a must.

Am I wrong in thinking the Onan 4000 and any 30 amp campground service could handle running both of these without issue? I don't really use my microwave and I'd run the water heater on propane. All lights in the coach are LED, etc..

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.