Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 02:10 AM   #334
WillDawgz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.1
State: Florida
THOR #1767
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
So far I installed a home-brew sewer hose storage spot. The Axis doesn't really have a good spot for the sewer hose that drains and/or is outside and I didn't like the idea of just throwing a "freshly used hose" into one of the outside compartments.

Got the idea from a friend: Went to the home depot and got some plastic 4" fence post, sawed it down to fit under the chassis at the rear, painted it black, and screwed it to the frame a few feet in front of the hitch. Its only accessible from the passenger side as the generator blocks it on the other side.

Since you really can't see it unless you crawl underneath I just used an eyebolt with a nut it to secure the end. There is enough room under there to put two side-by-side for extra hose.

The original idea used a gutter as a shelf to slide in and out, but the drop side of the Axis was too low to allow the shelf to pull out enough so I just store the sewer pipe directly in the fence post pipe.

In addition to that I had my dealer install a brake controller for the hitch. Good thing I had them do that because the 7-wire plug at the hitch was wired all wrong from the factory.

I've also removed the TV attempting to put a 2nd HDMI cable in from the TV to the cabinet but the current HDMI wire is routed all over the place and I couldn't get my 2nd wire to follow. So instead I just plugged a spare Chromecast I had lying around into the empty HDMI 2 spot on the TV (also had to remove the microwave to look at the wiring). (I have pictures of this somewhere as well--most likely on my phone.)

We connect up my son's Play Station to the HDMI input to the TV and with the cabinet doors closed the PS heats up and shuts down after about an hour of use. A project I may tackle is how to add some ventilation there without changing the appearance of the cabinet.

Another thing I've had to do: When I've had the rear-passenger bed top apart to winterize and unwinterize I noticed that the generator crossover switch was just sitting there not really secured to anything. So I screwed that to the wall next to the water heater.

Next up: We've noticed that the key lock for the outside shower is really loose and it tends to pop open when driving down the road. I'm either going to replace that lock or find some other way of tightening it up so it doesn't open.
Newbie here. Did you have to do any drilling? What did you use to attach the fence post?

Thanks!
WillDawgz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.