Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 10:51 PM   #9
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
If it were me, and you were going to replace the existing A/C anyway, I’d add a new 11,000 in bedroom and give it a try. If it didn’t work as you want, then I’d replace the front one with lower current A/C.

I agree with Chance. GM Tech did something simular (look at the end of "Before you buy a 2nd ac try this first" thread) with his RV and he said it worked fine. I think he used the 15000 + 1100 BTU AC's on 30 amp service Axis/Vegas.

Set the 15000 BTU Thermostat lower than the other that way it aways says on. My 15000 say 19.4 amp (not surge) on the sticker so if your other is at 10 amps even your at 29.4. I thing GM tech also said his Onan 4000 tested at 33 amp for total output (if I recall correctly). So as long as you DONT start at the same time you should be fine (But do your research and desided for yourself).

But you will be very limited on what you can run (a few LED lights should Okay but no blowdryers or Microwave at the same time - Maybe one TV be Okay?).

You could always cool down to like 68 deg inside - shut one AC off to run Micro or some other high draw item for short term, then crank up the other AC.

Let us know know it turns out.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.