Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 12:57 AM   #1
Cynphony

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau BL
State: California
THOR #13076
Shocked in California!

Just downsized from a 2005 National Dolphin LX 37’ class A, to a 2019 Thor Chateau BL (Sprinter) 24’. I’m shocked, and not in a good way! I fear I’ve made a horrible mistake.
Now that it’s been sitting in front of my house for two weeks as I wait for aftermarket add ons to arrive, and get her loaded with what I need to live inside, I’m seeing just how poorly this little coach was manufactured, and with such cheaply made materials. I’m almost afraid to leave on my first trip for fear of what will fail, since I’ll be traveling alone with my three small dogs.

I caught several things already not working during my walk through....like the tankless hot water system! It’s working now, but??

I was surprised on the walkthrough to be told I have a valve on each side of the coach that must be opened in order to dump my black tank? The guy at the dealer wasn’t able to tell me why when I questioned him. Also shocked that the dump valves are outside of the coach (not in a compartment) and I must sit or lie on the ground to access them. I’m a female, and that certainly sounds like lots of fun in wet weather.

While I was lying on the ground today, trying to see under the coach, I noticed lots of things held together by very long zip ties with 12” or more of the ends of the zip ties sticking in all directions. Someone couldn’t be bothered to trim them, I guess. Also large sections of black sticky paper have come loose from whatever they were stuck to, and are just hanging! Speaking of hanging, so is my fresh water tank. Screws on one side have already pulled out from where they were attached, and the weight of the tank looks to be crimping some hoses.

I could go on and on, but it’s probably pointless.
Anyway, just wanted to say hello to you all, and I guess I’ll be hanging around here to see what all I can learn. Thanks in advance for putting up with me!! 🙄

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum