Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 05:42 AM   #58
Dilley-Dilley

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #12091
RV Driving Critique

True story on the driving in Europe. Many of those countries also have speed limits. It’s pretty simple on many of the highways because they are two lane. Left lane for passing and if you’re not passing you drive in the right lane. They also have speed guns with cameras on the freeway and just mail the fine to ya. In Italy the drivers like to say that the posted speed limits are “just a suggestion.” 🤣
I guess what I find interesting about this discussion is how quickly it got off the rails and suddenly a Motorhome driver who not only made a decision to pass another Motorhome on the right while speeding, also followed other traffic too closely for the speed he was traveling, made numerous other unnecessary lane changes to the left and right to travel 15 -20 miles and be no further down the road then the people he was trying so hard to overtake. All that unsafe driving and there are those that will justify and excuse such driving. WTF? Maybe I called out somebodies friend but, Excuse me, I’ll be damned if I’m going to warm up to the theory that I should excuse and defer to an aggressive driver like this. It’s clear to me that there is no sense discussing this in a forum like this. If you’re from So. Cali. then you know the freeways here aren’t your basic 2 lane interstate with a 70 mph limit and offramps/onramps every few miles. Oh how I long for the simplicity of driving on two lane highways.
Tfryman asks... “If the right lane was open why were you hanging out in the middle lane? Keep right except to pass.”
My answer to that is... I was definitely not hanging out in the middle lane and on a three lane highway like the one we were driving on there is no need to move over to the right lane if you are traveling at or above the speed limit like I was. A few miles up that right lane merges into that middle lane when the highway goes back to two lanes. The dude in the other Motorhome was driving like he felt entitled to every lane. He certainly had no aversion to using every available lane to get where he was going. Oh, I’m sorry, that’s right! The rest of us should just get the “F” out of the way!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.