Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 10:27 PM   #15
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Thats sweet. Yep the stock lighting sucks. How did you attach them? Bolted to factory location with custom brackets?

I would be afraid (with extra weight) they would vibrate too much (Fiberglass moving around on bad roads etc) and the lights would move around. But perhaps you have additional support or they are fine?
You guys are smart. I like sharing with smart guys! Yeah, unfortunately you can't just bolt them in easy peasy. I obviously opened up the entire opening where the stock fog lights were. Then I took the stock brackets off and re-attached them with high strength urethane and twice as many screws. I had to make 3 new separate brackets for both lights on each side. They're secured to the front fiberglass cap on top, bottom and one side. They don't move! haha.

So yeah, they'd move all over the place if I didn't spend the time to mount them right. Nothing is easy in gmtech's shop!

99dart- I'd certainly consider a blower if it was a GM engine or the Ford V10 had as much modding support. After tuning the V10 though, I'm pretty happy with the power and torque. It runs strong! Not much more to be gained unless I did go crazy like adding a blower or turbo. Not likely though. I do have a current blower project though, I just bought a new Yamaha GP1800. Can't wait to build my intake for it so I can hear that blower whine!

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum