Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #6
wdconnors

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 35MQ
State: Florida
THOR #12430
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
sometimes the TV outlets are recessed/installed up and behind them - making it difficult to plug other items easily into... and sometimes they are 'single' outlets(crazy, I know)...

simply 'moving' an outlet to another circuit is not that 'easy'... since they are daisy-chained together - meaning, the outlet's wiring doesn't go all the way back to the circuit breaker, but only back to the closest other outlet... and yes, the outlet is on the GFCI circuit due to it's proximity to the kitchen/sink/water.

but yes, the quickest and simplest work around is to plug in an extension cord to run whatever other items you wish...

Do you have an inverter that is wired into your Main breaker panel, and supports only a single breaker - or is the inverter simply providing a direct line to only one outlet?
Seems like a combination of both to be honest, but I'm having trouble making sense of it (I haven't unhooked and dug into the wiring yet).

Here's what I have currently:

According to the drawing I received from Thor, all my non-GFCI outlets are on circuit 3A. If I turn breaker 3A off, it kills all of those non-GFCI outlets that aren't on the inverter. It also kills the power feed incoming to the inverter (shore or generator).

I'm not too familiar with how inverters are wired, but it seems that the 3A circuit is incoming 120V to the non-inverter outlets and the inverter itself and then the inverter outlets are wired directly from the inverter output. I only have two locations of duplex outlets and the single outlet for the fridge that are non-GFCI and are not on the inverter.

Does that make sense/is that a typical install?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum