Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 08:12 PM   #15
Oldchief

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
We have same issue with our Axis. I got a sample piece of drain channel from Trim-Loc and, at least for now, have decided against installing it. I can't see how I could install it above the awning; there's just not enough space to get the 3/4" wide Trim-Loc fitted in between the roof edge and the awning. It probably could be installed on the driver's side of our coach, above the slide and I may do this someday. One thing I learned the hard way. About 6 weeks ago, we were camped for about 3 days in SC and were running the A/C 24/7, because it was HOT and very HUMID. Our awning was extended and, I guess we had a very slight list to the awning side of our Axis. Normally, I pull down the back end of our awning slightly and tie it in place with a length of parachute cord. I do this so if it rains, water will run off, rather than collect in the awning, possibly damaging it. I hadn't done this for the first couple of days we were camped there because no rain was expected and when I did get around to dipping the awning down, I got an unexpected shower, from about 10 gal. of water that our A/C unit had drained on to our awning. So, NEVER forget to slightly lower one end (preferably the back end) of your awning. if you dip the front end of the awning, it will drip right next to the door; close enough that if your door opens widely, it will drip on the inside of the doorway. RV'ing is always a learning experience.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.