Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 02:26 AM   #8
upnyfolks

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #5875
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I talked with Worldwide who seemed to be a little down on the fact that a lot of the RV's can sit so long which is not good on the batteries. I am pretty sure from what I have read and learned that I will ask for the upgrade to Group 31. I will let them tell me how they wish to do it with two new 12 volts units with more reserve capacity, or two 6 volts with more reserve. I won't try to make them do 4 unless they just offer to.

You say "separate 1000 watt inverter behind a drawer in the bedroom next to the refrigerator. " Is it easy to get to turn that power inverter off, or do you have on/off switch on residential fridge to turn off when not being used? I assume that both of the power inverters are wired directly to the battery, so when not in use, you need some way to ensure they are not in use? I assume everything connected to both power inverters bypass the battery disconnect switch?

The RV dealer has gone 3 days now trying to find out what all is connected to Power Inverter #1 and Power Inverter #2.

The second inverter for the fridge is a 1000 watt GoPower pure sine inverter and it has a remote on/off switch mounted in the wall on the side of the fridge, this inverter powers only the inside fridge and is directly wired to the batteries.

Our main inverter is a Xantrex 1000 watt modified sine inverter, this powers the TV's and outside fridge as well as an outlet located in the passenger work station located in the dash area. The Xantrex inverter is also wired into the AC panel and has an automatic transfer switch built in so that when on shore power or the generator is running the inverter passes through the AC power.
The only problems we have had is with the residential fridge not cooling properly when the temps in the rv drop below about 50 degrees, this has caused us to lose a fridge full of food on a couple of occasions.
The second problem is with the fridge mounting, the top of the fridge has 2 brackets that are screwed into the top of the fridge and then into a header above the fridge, the screws that are in the top of the fridge have worn loose and deformed the holes so that I am going to have to remove the fridge and relocate the brackets.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.