Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #40
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
You know what's so interesting to me? The human nature part of this. I've been on a ton of forums since the days of newsgroups and chat rooms. Every forum is the same. They always have the exact same set of characters.

In this case, it's the guy who did a brake job in his driveway once, trying to tell the guy who's put a wrench to over 88,000 vehicles over his 40 year career that he's gonna "save" all of us from the imminent danger caused by this reckless person.

It's ok, I'm used to it. I've learned to not engage, it's really not worth it. I'm posting this to hopefully put this whole thread to rest. For those that care, what I did is perfectly safe. Is it within design specs? Of course not, that's the whole point of modifying ANYTHING. That's the reason huge industries, companies and organizations like SEMA exist to support innovation and discoveries. If it wasn't for people thinking outside the box, our entire being as a civilization would be stagnant and as ignorant as the cave men were.

Of course what I did isn't recommended by Ford or whoever. What I've done gutting the entire dash and front cap on the Vegas wasn't recommended or supported by Thor either. Either was what I did to the air conditioners lately. Hmmm, it seems to me I was also told on here that there's nothing to be gained by modifying the Coleman air conditioners and if they could work better, Coleman would have built them that way. lol. Again, if you believe that, we ALL cease to learn and evolve. I've lived my entire life with the realization that NOTHING is black and white. There are shades of grey in everything, even in engineering. The best engineers in history have been the ones that understand the rules, but realize that rules are meant to be broken. The ones that think everything is black and white and always lives within the "rules", will never make a new discovery on their own. That's boring. haha.

I'll leave a link at the bottom of this. Click on it and notice how many people loved what I did and posted "likes" to the thread. It's what I originally said about all forums being the same. The guy on that forum is "Navy Lifer". His thing is all about bolt circle differences between metric and standard nomenclature. Whenever anyone tries to put certain wheels on certain cars, he jumps into the thread to tell everyone they're all gonna die. lol. Never mind the fact that literally hundreds of thousands of cars around the world are driving around with what he says is wrong. It's simply a matter of black and white thinking. If the numbers don't match, it will not work. What good engineers realize though is the numbers will NEVER match if you take them down to a certain level. That's because the world isn't perfect.

What I did to MY RV isn't perfect. Neither am I. But the chances that it's going to kill me or my family or anyone else on the road are slim. The chances of being killed on the road for a million other reasons are FAR more likely. The chances me, my family or others on the road would be killed if I DIDN'T modify or fix all the f'd up stuff on this Thor Vegas were WAY HIGHER!

Déjà vu...

https://www.ssforums.com/forum/wheel...305s-back.html

(Wow, I forgot about post 17! That was a good one. lol.)

(hasn't killed me yet)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3973.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	12885   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3868.jpg
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	12886  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4194.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	12887   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4212.jpg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	12888  

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum