Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
Aseymour

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #10915
UV Protection Product or Not

I’m wondering what the general consensus on using a UV protection product like the Dicor product as to whether it is needed or not. I’ve washed the roof once since we bought the RV new a few months back it has a rubber roof. There was quite a bit of tree sap on it with all the trees around where I park it so I did the wash with Dicor rubber roof wash and it worked pretty well. Soon I will have a structure to park the unit under now that I finally got the old carport removed the company that will put up the new one is 3 to 6 weeks out so that will offer some good protection going forward. I did not use the UV protectant after washing like I have seen recommended in several videos. I will need to wash it again after the new structure is up since more tree sap has been flying onto the roof. I’ve seen some posts where people have said it isn’t necessary because the roof has UV protectant in it already and that using a UV protectant can even cause the roof to turn black later. Then I’ve seen other posts where people say a UV protectant should be applied. I don’t mind doing the extra work if it is necessary but if it isn’t I would be happy to skip the extra roof work.

Thanks
Andy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.