Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 10:45 PM   #1
geno929

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 23U
State: Missouri
THOR #8692
Noisy Stove cure

So our Thor Chatesu 23 U has the Precision 3 burner stove. When we're on the highway and hit a bump. It makes a terrible racket. Added the wooden stove topper / cutting board. It helped a bit, but was still too noisy for my tastes.
I took the stove top off when we got home. The 2 spring steel holders in the back seemed to hold it well at rest, but the steel stove top would bounce arround and bang on the counter when rolling. The sharp edge of the stove top got me thinking.
Went to auto parts store. Bought 5 feet of 1/4 in vaccuum tubing. Measured and slit pieces. Slid this over the sharp egde on all 4 sides of the stove top. Sungged up the spring steel stove top holders in back. Fits like a tight glove.
Hopefully this will firm up the fit and it will quiet the banging. Ill will keep you posted on the success .....or failure of my $3.50 project.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum