Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 11:55 PM   #11
Brad2018

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 26HE
State: Alabama
THOR #12744
I doubt that you will find a reliable way to see the backup camera from an Ipad or the Fire tablet, even if the apps exist. You would need another device to convert the RCA input over to bluetooth and then find an app that is specifically designed for that purpose. The cheap Axxeras they stick in these RVs certainly can't do it. I replaced the stereo the very first week of ownership. Bought a Pioneer with Android Auto capabilities.

The simplest solution would be to purchase a small 7" monitor and mount it to the dash. Unplug the camera from the stereo and into the monitor. For power I used the red lead from the stereo. Wired it into a on/off switch so I can easily turn off the monitor. I think I paid $70 for the monitor. I'm sure there are cheaper monitors but the one I bought can actually display four inputs at once. I might eventually add some additional cameras.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 6.38.38 PM.png
Views:	185
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	13013  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.