Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 12:40 AM   #88
KCKim

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau Super C 35SF
State: Kansas
THOR #11472
"I sleep really well regardless. If posting something like this stops one person from driving unsafe then it’s worth taking the time to call it out."

I knew what you meant by posting the statement of what happened. And I agree with you.

For those who had critiques and criticisms, I would suggest these:

(1) If everyone were doing the speed limit, then no one would need to be passing another vehicle.

(2) If there are more than 2 lanes open to traffic heading in the same direction, then it doesn't matter if someone is in the center/middle lane doing the speed limit. The presumption of the law about driving in the left-most lane only when passing is that the person being passed is moving slower than the speed limit. No one should exceed the speed limit to pass another vehicle. I know we all do, but we are not legally passing.
(Just some free legal advice.)

The bottom line: remember to drive safely no matter which lane you are in, and remember that a lot of states have slower speed limits - albeit, not posted - for Class A and Class B motorhomes and for vehicles towing a 5th wheel or travel trailer.

Kim

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum