Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 06:11 AM   #237
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
I'm the guy who turned his AC unit around at a rest stop 30 something years ago. It worked then, and it the theory and physics still hold true today with current AC units.

Guys the "reversing" of the airflow by turning the entire unit around isn't something that's really debatable. And no, you don't have to reverse the fan or anything crazy.

The airflow through the condenser comes IN the back, and OUT the sides. Turn the entire AC unit around and the air now comes IN the front, and again, OUT the sides. Last time I checked there's more air hitting the front of a moving vehicle than hitting the back. haha.

Try this... Stick your head out the window of your RV when it's on the freeway. Look forward with your mouth open. You get a mouthful of air don't you? Now turn your head and look backwards with your mouth open. How much air is going in your mouth now? lol. Same principle.

I have the rear Mach 8 heat pump mounted backwards on my Vegas. I can watch the amperage draw drop when the coach starts moving. I don't care if anyone else turns their AC around, I'm just telling you the facts and results of the idea. It seems most of you are having cooling issues when parked anyway. Turning the AC around does nothing when stopped.

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum