Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 12:52 PM   #22
steve76

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submansd View Post
I have a 20 amp service for my RV in the garage. In winter, I turn on the tank heaters (black and gray), use a tower heater set to 55 degrees and empty the water heater. I leave the plug out of the heater, just in case. I do not add any antifreeze to the system, I just drain it. The black and gray tank has a bout two gallons of clean water and the gray tank which I check every week due to evaporation thru the vents from the heaters. Seems to work for me. In summer I am traveling about every other week so no special items other than running the vent fans to reduce humidity. Looking for any feedback.
I'm in the PNW and also in non heated garage. Look's like you have more than covered. I only plug my batteries to battery tender and don't worry about freeze. Has gotten down to about 17* couple times, nothing freezes in garage which is 40x40 insulated pole barn.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum