Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 06:34 PM   #1
Sanford

State: Arizona
THOR #7580
Lessons learned from cancelled trip

As many of you know, we just cancelled a 5 week trip to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival and points beyond. Last minute mechanical problem with RV slide, along with delays from Hurricane Florence made the decision for us. I'm posting this for information purposes, not whining or complaining.

Had to change route due to flooding, which meant last minute reservations. Asheville West KOA refunded half of our deposit.

Nashville N KOA did not. Jellystone, Memphis (3 nights) did not. In fairness, Jellystone told us at time of reservation that it was non-refundable.

We had made reservations near Albuquerque at Bernallilo KOA last year, 2017. Due there Oct. 5th. 3 day deposit required at time of reservation. No refund. I tried to get them to transfer it to next year, but not successful.

KOAs are franchises with local owners. Apparently each sets it's on policies.

I'm not sure the lesson in all of this, but I will try to do a better job of planning and inquiring next time regarding CG policy. If anyone has further information,please share.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.